If you’re anything like me when coupons expire you hate to throw them away after clipping them but with so many stores not taking expireds anymore, what can you do? A while ago I blogged about sending them to military bases who can still use them up to 6 months after. I love the thought of helping out our military who do so much for us so sacrificially so I wanna support this place and let you know how to do it.
- There is no donation minimum so grab a stack and clip away.
- They ask that you clip them as they only have volunteers who are already super busy. It’ll also save you postage.
- Separate them into food and non-food.
- Do not send Assistance Vouchers, Food Stamps, or any other assistance items. Store coupons, those only good at the store named are useless on a military base overseas. Do not send restaurant coupons.
- Use envelopes or baggies to separate them, not paper clips or rubber bands.
- Label them.
- Add up the totals per bundle.
- Send them to a participating base here.
If you don’t want all the work, why not grab some friends, or your Mom’s group and adopt a base together. For more info check this out.