My name is Cristy and I am a stay at home mother of three. I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and love it. I appreciate that you are promoting being charitable with the bargains that we are able to snag. I also like that you posted the Great American Dine Out. In May 2007, our oldest daughter, Katie, was diagnosed with leukemia. I’m very happy and blessed to say that she has been in remission since June 1, 2007. She just finished 26 months of chemotherapy on July 5th. In 5 years, she will be considered cured. September is childhood cancer awareness month. And Chili’s restaraunt is involved. Here is a segment of an email I received about the event.
Now through September 30, Chili’s® Grill & Bar restaurants around the country will observe National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month by inviting guests to support the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital during the sixth annual Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign. Guests at participating Chili’s restaurants can contribute to St. Jude in multiple ways:
* Make a donation to St. Jude and receive a Create-A-Pepper chili pepper coloring sheet. Decorated sheets will be displayed in restaurants nationwide throughout September.
* Purchase Create-A-Pepper T-shirts that can be customized with permanent marker.
* Buy a customized Create-A-Pepper key that can be cut for use at home or the office.
* Eat at Chili’s on Monday, September 28, when Chili’s will donate 100 percent of profits from participating restaurant sales to St. Jude.
* Visit www.createapepper.com to make an online donation
The most important part of this is that on Monday, September 28th, Chili’s is donating 100% of their profits to St. Jude. Our daughter received her treatment in Hershey, PA, but St. Jude does amazing things and critical life saving research.