I originally made Melted Crayons for Operation Christmas Child boxes and then my friend Meghan showed me her Valentine’s Day Crayons and I was sold! As part of my collection of Valentine’s Gifts For Kids Under 20 Cents/Child I’m now adding this from Meghan. Simply find old junkie crayons, melt down and repurpose. Attach a label that says Happy Valentine’s Day and you’re set. Meghan gives them to the kids in her daughter’s classes each year. Thanks Meg!
1) Get all unused, broken crayons.
3) Once all crayons are paper-free, break them up into small pieces.
4) Use a heart shaped silicone pan. Fill about 1/2 to 3/4 full of crayon pieces.
5) Put in an oven heated at 250 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes. Watch to see when fully melted.
6) Let them completely cool and then pop out. Remove the paper liner and they are ready to use.
Note: Of course you could divide them into colors and make them like as red or pink hearts that if you didn’t want them tye-died!
For more Kid’s Valentine’s Ideas see 10 Easy Valentine’s Treats For Kids.