When I first heard about Upromise I honestly thought it was too good to be true until my friend told me she was saving money using it for her kids’ college so I want to recommend it to you as it is a FANTASTIC way to save for your child’s college. You may not always make a ton of money through it, but hey, free money is free money and it’s free to sign up!
Upromise is Free To Join.
It’s FREE to join, and it allows you to earn money for college through shopping online through Upromise, by purchasing specific products or from certain stores or even just when you use your credit card! Members direct their spending to Upromise partners—including more than 600 online stores, 8,000+ restaurants, thousands of grocery and drugstore items—and earn money for college.
Upromise is Easy To Do.
If you don’t have kids or you don’t need to have savings for their college, you can use it on yourself, your spouse, your children, or grandchildren. Many members have earned hundreds even thousands of dollars for college with their everyday spending, and have been able to use those earnings to contribute toward college tuition, expenses, or loans–quicker and easier. Some families report to save $1000 each year! Yeah, crazy huh?
Add A Card.
All you have to do is go to their site and sign up. I added our credit card so that when we dine out I make a percentage of what we spend. Basically, you buy what you normally buy and you make a percentage of what you spend!
Choose How You Get Your Money.
- Invest in a high-yield savings account or tax-deferred 529 plan
- Pay down a college loan
- Request a check
How To Make Even More With Upromise.
1) Download the Turbosaver Toolbar
2) When you shop online if you come across a site that is a Upromise member, a pop up will let you know.
3) Get a Upromise Credit Card and register all your other cards and stores cards.
4) Watch for bonus deals Upromise offers like a holiday bonus.
5) Ensure your purchases show up on your statements.