I love fun tips and easier ways to do things. Here’s a few for you on Hump Day. Do you have a tip or trick for something kitchen related? Leave a comment and let us know!
1) Peel a banana from the bottom and you won’t have to pick the little ‘stringy things’ off of it.
2) Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
3) Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
4) Easy Deviled Eggs: Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
5) To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2′ with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
6) To get rid of Ants: Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it ‘home,’ can’t digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don’t have the worry about pets or small children being harmed.