We lived in Thailand for 3 years…….
These 2 factors make me pretty qualified to speak about best times to travel but I don’t have all the scoop so if you know something, please leave a comment and let us know.Travel tips:
- When kid’s are in school is always cheaper so if you have little ones or ones no longer in school, avoid the school holidays and travel off-peak.
- Tuesdays are the least busiest to travel on.
- Don’t travel at the weekends to avoid the lines.
- If you’re flying home for the holidays the best day to go is the day of. Fly out super early on Thanksgiving morning and avoid the rush and the expense.
* Southwest Airlines has this cool thing called “ding” that delivers specials right to your desktop. They don’t want to have empty flights, you don’t wanna pay high prices so they discount tickets daily to try and fill the planes. Check it out here.
There’s a cool comprehensive list of frequent flyer programs here.