This week I want to do an experiment. My friend, Lisa, from Stop N Smell the Chocolates and I were discussing on Twitter how fun it would be if we all did this together! Yup, I’m dragging you down with me for a blog experiment! A few weeks ago I did this and the results were interesting but I thought I’d do it again and blog the findings. So here’s the scoop:
Shampoos and conditioners can be toxic and therefore I’d love to find an alternative that really works. Not only is baking soda not toxic but it’s very cheap and therefore perfect for our experiment. Good for me + Good for nature + Cheap = Mummy Deals Score!
There are two ways to washing your hair with Baking Soda:-
* Wash with Baking Soda Regularly. Those who do this say they experience a short period of their hair feeling really dry and yucky.
* Wash with baking soda a few times a month to get rid of shampoos, conditioners and stylers that build up.
For our experiment we’ll be washing with baking soda and water exclusively for 7 days. Here’s how:
1) Mix this in small tupperware container
1/2 cup baking soda
3 cups of warm water
2) However often you wash your hair wash it with the mixture.
3) It won’t suds up and will feel a little weird to begin with.
4) Rinse and dry as normal.
So to begin with please leave a comment here if you’re joining Lisa and I. If you’ve got a blog write about the experiment and then link up. At the end of the week it’ll be results time!