The Hunger Games was released worldwide on March 23, 2012 and is already poised to be the next phenomenon behind the Twilight series. In honor of the movie premier I whipped up some ‘girl on fire” cupcakes for you to enjoy.
- Simple cake mix
- Orange and yellow icing/frosting
- Pipe bag (or sandwich ziploc will do)
- Star tip
- Simply take a cake box mix and make according to instructions. (I love to decorate, and making a cake from scratch isn’t always my first priority!)
- After they’re made and cooled grab your icing.
- Add it to the bag in layers of orange, yellow, orange.
- Pipe it onto the cupcakes around the outside. The “fire pattern” will start to develop.
- For the ones in the middle I pressed down and then pulled it high to make it look like flames.
- The easiest part is picking your “team” and making two that say who you support.
- Voila, The Hunger Games “girl on fire” cupcakes.