This whole chicken in crock pot recipe is my favorite way to cook a whole chicken period. It makes it so tender and delicious that you may not have leftovers with which to make tomorrow’s dinner. If you do though this Turkey Tetrazzini is a great recipe where you cna substitiue chicken.
Whole Chicken in Your Crock Pot Ingredients.
…………Wait for it………..there’s only 4!
- Whole chicken (you suspected that right?!)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 a lemon
- Chicken stock powder
- Wash out the chicken and remove any extra bits or giblets.
- Stick the butter in the chicken’s bottom. I know, gross right?!
- Place the chicken in the crock pot and squirt the chicken with lemon then place the rest of the lemon in the chicken’s…you guessed it…butt!
- Add about 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Yum, whole chicken in a crock pot!
You sure this is THE best whole chicken in crock pot recipe?
Well, I do love an easy recipe and this is one of those that you add to the crock pot and leave. Plus the lemon and butter make it really tasty. In fact it’s my fave way to Cook a Chicken on a Grill!