My friend Gina made this a-mazing recipe with zucchini recently and as the zucchini is a great fall veggie, I thought you’d like her recipe. Thanks Gina!
1# ground turkey or beef
1/4 cup rice
8oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp each — oregano, basil, salt, Lawry’s
1/4 tsp each — pepper, Italian seasoning
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut zucchini lengthwise, microwave with wax paper (cut side up) for 6-8 minutes. Let cool and scoop out the pulp.
- Brown 1 lb hamburger (I do ground turkey) with 1 small onion.
- Mix in 1/4 cup rice, 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (or chopped up fresh tomato), some of the chopped up zucchini pulp (optional)
- 1 tsp each — oregano, basil, salt, Lawry’s
- 1/4 tsp each — pepper, Italian seasoning
- Stuff the zucchini.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour. For the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with mozzarella.