Staples has a couple of great ways to save money and I thought it was time for an explanation.
* You need a Staples Rewards card to buy these. It’s a free loyalty card and then when you purchase them it will add up the amount you’re due to get back. At the end of the quarter they’ll add up the amount and send it back to you in a Staples credit. You’ll have about 3 months to redeem it.
* While free sounds fabulous, watch how many you get unless you’re planning a big purchase there. I stick to around $50 to get back there otherwise you end up with a whopping amount of credit that you have to use.
* Finally, do not use any type of rewards check or coupon on this deal! It may void your rewards.
* Get 10% back in Staples Rewards on all ink & toner purchases, on all case & ream paper purchases, and on all Copy & Print purchases.
* Earn an unlimited 10% back on qualifying purchases when you earn at least $10 in Rewards within a calendar quarter.
* Staples Rewards are issued monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter.
* Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month, and get $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued monthly, separately from your other benefits. I wrote this article about how to get ink cartridges for just $2 this way.
All Rewards earned as of March 1, including standard and Ink Recycling Rewards, will be issued online. This means you’ll get your Rewards faster. They’ll notify you via email when your Rewards are available so you can view and print them.
* If you’ve never done a Staples Easy Rebate before, I’d highly encourage you to try. They are as their name suggests, SUPER easy! You can do them online and once you’ve plugged in your information (it can save all that for the next time) it takes about 1 minute!
* When you purchase something that will give you back money in Easy Rebate form you simply go back online, enter your information and they’ll send you a check, not money for Staples. So you end up just paying tax.