What is Spaghetti Garlic Bread
I saw this recipe on the Rhodes Bread blog and just looking at the photo knew it would be a hit in my house. I don’t think I’ve ever been as giddy to try out a meal. I mean this is spaghetti and garlic bread all in one pretty package and you know what else? It’s my new New-Mom Meal! Next time one of my friends has a baby guess what she’s getting?! This recipes makes 8-10 servings and is easy to make two and give one away.
For more new Mom meals see: 5 New Mom Meals.
Recipe for Spaghetti Garlic Bread
- 2 rolls of bread dough
- Package of wheat spaghetti
- Jar of pasta sauce
- Customize as you would spaghetti: I added mushrooms and chopped spinach
- 2 TBS ground garlic + 2 TBS oregano + 2 TBS parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (for making herbs stick. Not necessary)
- 2 cups of grated cheese
Notes: Add meatballs or other items. Even my uber fussy Hubs ate the spinach as you can’t taste it! Fresh basil would also taste great!
2) Cook the spaghetti.
4) Add a little flour to your surface and roll the dough out fairly thin. I made it almost as large as a 9×13 cookie sheet.
5) Transfer each roll to a greased cookie sheet. Add spaghetti mix down the middle of each bread.
6) Cut small slits all the way around the bread but don’t go into the spaghetti.
7) Add a cup of cheese down the middle of the roll.
8) Start at one end and fold each slit over the whole roll like you’re forming a braid. It is tricky but don’t pay too much attention to it as it will look pretty even loosely done.
9) Once you’ve done the whole roll, add the egg and then the herb mixture.
11) This Spaghetti-Stuffed Garlic Bread is awesome, easy, frugal and now you’ve got one to giveaway!!