Trish posted this awesome Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup recipe on our Facebook page. Doesn’t it look yummy? It’s also easy, healthy and yuppers: Frugal!
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 c diced carrot, celery, onion
- 1 TSP dried oregano
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 4c chicken broth
- 1/2 bay leaf.
- 1/2c butter
- 1/2c flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of half and half
- Add the vegetables and spices to your slow cooker on low for 5-7 hours.
- When the vegetables are soft start a roux in a good size pot.
- Melt the butter and then add the flour and whisk.
- Let it get bubbly to cook off flour taste.
- Add 1 c of soup. Slowly keep adding soup.
- Add 1c parmesean cheese grated.
- Stir and add 2c half and half. Stir.
- Keep heat low on pot for another 30 min.
It’s Slow Cooker Monday! What’s in your pot?