Last week I was hunting through my crock pot recipes and came across Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken. We eat a lot of Asian food in our house and I figured this one would be a winner. Instead of serving it with rice I just served broccoli on the side to cut down on carbs and my family really enjoyed it. I, however thought the vinegar in it was a little too overbearing and next time won’t make it with as much vinegar. So here’s the altered version for you.
How to make it into a Freezer Meal
- In one ziptight bag place the chicken and one cup of whole wheat flour. Shake to coat.
- Remove the chicken and place in a freezer bag. Throw out the rest of the flour.
- In another place all the sauce ingredients.
- Label the bags.
- On cooking day, thaw the ingredients out the night before. Add the chicken to the bottom of the crockpot and then pour on sauce.
- Cover with around 1/2 cup to 1 cup of water.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3.
So you forgot to defrost?
Confession: the day I was making this I forgot to defrost! So I threw frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot and added the sauce on top.
After 5 hours on low I removed the breasts and cut into cubes. I stirred the sauce and let cook for a further 1 hour.