Our local store, Ultra, has split chicken breasts for $.98# which is what prompted Trish to come up with this recipe for Slow Cooker Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Split chicken breasts can get really cheap but sometimes I’m struggling for what to do with them so when she showed me Crock Pot Split Chicken, I was sold! For tips and tricks on using your slow cooker please LIKE our Facebook page and watch the videos. It’d be great if you could share too using the tools below!
- 3-4 skin on, bone in chicken breasts
- fresh herbs: parsley, rosemary, thyme, chives; chopped (about 1/4c each)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic; minced
- Your favorite cheese: parmesan, goat, fondina, cream cheese, etc. (6oz)
- S&P to taste
- 1 can of broth
- (optional: toasted pine nuts or walnuts)
- Rinse off the chicken, pat dry.
- Rub chicken with S&P.
- Combine herbs, garlic, cheese, and S&P.
- Stuff under skin of chicken.
- Get a pan oiled and hot and sear the skin, stuffed side down. Gives it a nice color.
- Fill crock pot half way with broth (veg or chicken)
- Place stuffed chickens in slow cooker (stuffed side up). Cook 6-8 hrs on low.
- Use the broth in the crock pot cook rice in it (or quinoa, couscous, etc). For how to do this check out our videos!
Every Monday I come up with a Crock Pot recipe. If you have one, link up with us or check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!