I love soup on chilly days and I also love eating healthy so when I found this potato soup recipe recently I decided to adapt it slightly for a healthy version. It’s going to be simmering in my slow cooker today. This makes 15 servings and each serving is around 150 calories.
- 6 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onions, chopped
- 4c low-sodium chicken broth
- 4c water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme or 2 bay leaves while cooking (remove before blending)
- 1 can nonfat evaporated milk
- shredded cheddar cheese and turkey bacon (optional)
- Combine all vegetables, and liquids in a large crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours, or high 3 -4.
- Blend with an immersion blender and then add the evaporated milk and stir in.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.
- Add turkey bacon and shredded cheddar cheese for a little extra.
It’s Slow Cooker Monday! What’s in your pot?