For a while now it’s been Slow Cooker Monday at our house as Mondays are work days and if nothing goes in the pot early on, then nobody is eating anything more than cereal at 5pm. So to help you out with new recipes each week I’ll be featuring a new recipe and other bloggers are invited to link up so we can get a bunch of new options for all of us.
Want to be featured here? Drop me an email mummydeals at yahoo
This week is a little different in that I haven’t yet tried this recipe! It’s what’s going in my pot today so who’s joining me?! We love love enchilada pie and what’s easier than a slow cooker?
1# ground turkey or beef
8 corn tortillas
Packet of taco mix
2 cups of shredded cheese
Can of pinto beans
Can of enchilada sauce
Add something spicy like jalapenos or salsa.
Serve with sour cream, fideo, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Brown the meat and add taco mix.
- Add 1 cup of water and simmer.
- (optional) add foil into your pot so that the foil comes over the side and will make it easier for you to lift the pie out if desired.
- Spray the pot or the foil.
- Start adding layers. Place some meat mix, pinto beans, cheese and enchilada sauce then a tortilla.
- Repeat until all your tortillas are used up.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
So, it’s Slow Cooker Monday: What’s In Your Pot?
Post a recipe on your site and link it up. Then join us every week. It’s that simple to be a part of Slow Cooker Monday at Mummy Deals!
Would you like to spread the word about Slow Cooker Mondays at Mummy Deals to your readers? Tweet it, Facebook it using the buttons below! The more we have involved the more we can grow and gain wonderful new “go to” recipes each week.
Please add the button to your site to help us build recipes!