Recipes for eggplant are hard to find but as I’m loving this healthy little vegetable right now I figured it was high time I came up with my own eggplant recipe hence the Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. The great thing about it? It’s super easy and yum!
- 1 eggplant
- Jar of pasta sauce
- Oregano and other herbs to spice up the pasta sauce!
- 1 cup of Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten in a bowl
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup of dried Parmesan.
- Cut the eggplant into small circles and then spray a frying pan with a little cooking spray.
- Dip the eggplant into the beaten egg, then into the breadcrumbs and add to the pan.
- Cook the eggplant for about 2 minutes each side just to lightly brown it.
- Add to the crock pot and then pour the sauce over the top.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours
- Open the lid and add the grated cheese and parmesan.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with couscous or rice.
Every Monday I come up with a Crock Pot recipe. Please check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!