Need a new crock pot? Amazon has lots on sale in Fall 2012.
Last year my dear friend shared her Freezer Spaghetti Sauce recipe with us. This year we have a garden full of tomatoes, oregano, peppers, and more and I thought what better way then to make the spaghetti sauce so we’re set for the winter. Better yet, why not slow cook it in my crock pot! So without further ado here’s my recipe for Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (optional)
- 2-16 oz can diced tomatoes (or 4 cup of fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 lg can tomato paste (12 oz)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, thinly diced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, optional
- s & p to taste
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree. This is optional but I had some in the freezer that needed using up and it’s so good for you that I added it!
- Cook ground beef and then drain.
- Add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on high for 5 hours or low for around 7 in your slow cooker.
Every Monday I share a Crock Pot recipe. If you have one, link up with us or check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!