Most Tuesdays I make something Tex-Mex for dinner and this week I thought I’d try something in the crock pot which is when I thought of Crock Pot Enchiladas. I used some pork I’d already cooked and frozen for quick prep and even made the sauce using the Crock Pot Bean Soup leftovers we had. As it had tomatoes and onions in I simply blended it down more instead of buying an expensive enchilada sauce.
Need a slow cooker? This Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker is almost half off at just $59.95.
My husband is a very simple eater and likes things fairly plain. If you don’t feel free to jazz this up with some green chilis or other items you’d usually add to tacos.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of meat: ground beef, chicken or shredded pork.
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 10oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 10oz can of enchilada sauce or my crock pot bean soup recipe blended down.
- 1 1/2 cups of taco cheese
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas
- Garnish: tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, chilis
1) Place a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry up your meat with the taco seasoning and garlic powder.
2) If you’re using pork or chicken shred it after it’s cooked.
3) Microwave the tortillas on high for about 20 seconds to make the more pliable and easier to fold.
4) Spray your crock pot with spray oil and pour the tomatoes on the bottom as a base.
5) Take a tortilla and add the mixture to it down the center. Fold the tortilla and place it seam down in the slow cooker.
6) Rinse and repeat until all your tacos are in line.
7) Pour the enchilada sauce over the top and cover with cheese.
8) Cook on low for 2-3 hours until bubbling. The sides of mine got a little crispy but we enjoyed that!
Tips: This recipe only takes about 3 hours in your slow cooker because the meat is already cooked. I would recommend doing it on a night when you have sports practice or something similar. Place it on 3 hours before you’re due to be home and then you’ll have something ready the minute you walk through the door. My kids are always STARVING after Isaac’s
soccer football practice and need to eat STAT!
Every Monday I share a Crock Pot recipe. If you have one, link up with us or check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!