Oooooooooooo, baby! This sounds yummy and easy. If the thought of waking up to oatmeal gets your taste buds going then check out Trish’s recipe for Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel-cut oats, (see Ingredient note)
- 2 Granny smith apples, peeled chopped
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 TEASP cinnamon
- 1/2 TEASP vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Turn heat to low.
- Put the lid on and cook until the oats are tender and the porridge is creamy, 7 to 8 hours.
Steel-cut oats, sometimes labeled “Irish oatmeal,” look like small pebbles. They are toasted oat groats—the oat kernel that has been removed from the husk that have been cut in 2 or 3 pieces. Do not substitute regular rolled oats, which have a shorter cooking time, in the slow-cooker oatmeal recipe.
It’s Slow Cooker Monday! What’s in your pot? For more recipes check out the Slow Cooker Monday page at Mummy Deals.