I had some Western-style pork ribs in the freezer that I’d gone on sale and decided that I’d make them Asian-style in the slow cooker. Although I love my friend’s Slow Cooker Rib Recipe, I wanted to try something new. Lemme tell ya: If you could only have smelt my kitchen that day you’d have flown in from CA to try them. Yum-o and easy-o!
- 6 Western-style pork ribs
- 3 TBS black bean sauce (I found mine at a local Asian store but your grocery store may have it. Get the sweet one)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS ginger
- 1 TBS garlic
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- Place the ribs in the slow cooker.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the ribs.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or high 3-4.
- Remove the ribs and drain off liquid into a pan.
- Bring it to a boil add and a little more cornstarch until it’s thick.
- Serve the ribs with the sauce over it.
- I served mine with couscous and carrots adding a few shitake mushrooms on top.
What’s In Your Pot?