Hubs is crazy about Scotcharoos and I’m crazy about Hubs so guess what I made for Superbowl Sunday? Scotcharoo Pops. He loves dessert with peanut butter and if you do too, you’ll love these cake pops recipe. We all know I’ve decided that everything tastes better as a pop or ball, so if you love rice krispie and peanut butter dessert then why not try Scotcharoo Pops and shape them like footballs? Here’s how:
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crisped rice
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Melt the corn syrup and sugar in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes or on the stove.
- Stir in the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the rice krispie and stir until it’s all coated.
- Make balls out of the mix and place on a piece of wax paper. If you’re using sticks put them on those now.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- In the meantime melt together the two chips by placing them in the microwave for about 1 and 1/2 minutes on high.
- Grab the pops from the freezer and dip each one in the melted chocolate mix. If you’re doing the balls place them in small cupcake wrappers.
- Voila, scotcharoo pops!