This is the first week in our slew of awesome pumpkin recipes. Panicking about the canned pumpkin shortage? Don’t with my How to Cook a Pumpkin From Scratch recipe HERE. Thanks to my friend Jeni for the recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Pecan Glaze
¾ C. graham cracker crumbs
½ C. ground pecans
2 T. white sugar
2 T. brown sugar
¼ C. butter, melted
¾ C. white sugar
¾ C. canned pumpkin
3 egg yolks
2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you may substitute: 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon + ½ teaspoon ground mace + ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, 2 T. white sugar, 2 T. brown sugar, butter and mix well. Firmly press mixture into one 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine ¾ cup of the white sugar, the pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 3/8 cup white sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, egg yolk and the whipping cream, beating well. Add cornstarch and vanilla extract (and lemon extract, if you choose); beat batter until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Do not overbake. Center may be soft, but it will firm up when chilled. (If you have a problem with the top cracking, you may place the springform pan in a 9×13 pan of water while backing). Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
- Top each slice with Maple Pecan Glaze (recipe follows) just before serving.
Maple Pecan Glaze
1 cup whipping cream (heavy is best)
¾ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup chopped pecans
- In medium –sized saucepan, combine whipping cream and maple syrup; bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened; stir occasionally.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill until served.
- Stir before serving.