I’m a gift giver and somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to baking but one thing is true: I love my 3 year old helping out so I tend to pick easier things like these scrummy oreo balls. We made them together and although we got a little “messy marvin” as he likes to call it, we had fun dancing to Christmas tunes and smashing oreos!
Oreo Ball Ingredients
- Oreos (I used store bought ones)
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- Candy melts, almond balk, sprinkles to decorate
1) Use about 3/4 of the pack of oreos and smash them up. I used a can of unopened vegetables but a food processor would work fine too 😉
2) Add those to the cream cheese and stir well.
3) Roll into balls and place on wax paper (a tray works fine too!) and put in the fridge to harden.
4) Once they’re hard (give them about an hour) dip them in melted candy melts and add sprinkles. To save money I just dipped one side and I still think they look good!
5) Add them into a pretty container. I had this one on hand and I know you probably do too!
Store bought oreos (I didn’t use the whole container) $1.25
Cream cheese $.99
Candy melts and sprinkles: $.75
Final Cost: $2.99/4 servings or about $.75 each