Calling all Operation Christmas Child fans! Last year when I was 8.5 months pregnant and packing tons of boxes I came up with a great idea for a frugal one: A Craft Box for a 12-14 year old girl. We don’t know where these boxes will end up and some may just be fun gifts but some may be necessities so here’s what I did:
- Asked my crafty friends for all their unused items they didn’t need. The kind that had been sitting around homeless for a while.
- Gathered all the beads, buttons, stickers, scrapbooking supplies, pieces of fabric, paper, felt etc etc.
- Added a needle and thread to each box.
- Put in the usual items like soap, candy, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Added a necklace (6 for $1 at dollar store) and a paper crown I found at a craft store.
Voila, a shoebox fit for a Princess!
Check out YouTube to view the video if the one above doesn’t work.
For more on this great ministry here’s the Mummy Deals year round plan!