Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I love making small treats for the kids and their friends. These Valentine’s Day Pinwheel Treats make for a fun non-candy valentine’s day classroom treat. They are easy for the kids to get involved with and help wit their cutting and measuring skills! Make them measure out the 7×7 square and the folding for a great learning moment. It’s certainly the easiest to set these up in an assembly line fashion.
I like the size of a 7×7 pinwheel but if you make your square 6×6 you could get 4 of them out a 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper.
Non-candy Valentine’s Day Treat – Pinwheel Pencil
- Begin with a 7×7 inch square of paper.
- Fold your square, corner to corner, then unfold.
- Make a pencil mark about 1/3 of the way from center.
- Cut along fold lines. Stopping at your pencil mark.
- Bring every other point into the center and stick a brad through all four points. This forms the hub of your pinwheel.
- Add a valentine’s pencil with a piece of tape to the back of your pinwheel.
You might also enjoy these other fun Non-candy Valentine’s Day Treats!