Natural Remedy for Baby Colds
Garlic is awesome. Great to cook with and full of lots of other great properties inclduing as a natural remedy for baby colds believe it or not! In a hunt to help her daughter while she was sick my friend Susanna came across this recipe for Garlic Socks to help cure a baby’s stuffy nose. With a baby born in December I know what it’s like for my baby to have a stuffed nose and feel like I don’t want to give him medicine. That’s why I was excited she found this. She’s used it a couple of times and swears by it as it’s a great homemade remedy for your natural home!
Garlic Socks Directions
- Cut 2 cloves of garlic in half and gently crush using the back of a spoon or knife.
- Place the crushed garlic between two pairs of socks and leave on your child overnight.
- You should notice faint ‘garlic breath’ the next morning.
- Make sure you don’t put the garlic in direct contact with your babies’ feet as it may hurt their sensitive skin.
- This is great for kids 12 months and under but not as effective with older children.
- Vinegar water helps get the socks free from the garlic smell.
Anyone else got any great homemade remedies? Shoot me an email!
For more things from my Natural Home please see:
You may also like Homemade Cough Syrup.