The Bible tells us that 3 people ran to the tomb and discovered that the stone had been rolled away after Jesus’ burial: Mary, John and Peter. Perhaps the one you identify this morning is with Peter’s reaction. After looking in he was confused. He was probably scared to admit he doubted after what had happened in the past but seeing no-one there he didn’t know what to think.
- Maybe that’s like you. You’ve heard about Jesus. Perhaps you attended VBS or went to Sunday school as a child but over the years life has happened.
- Maybe you lost someone. Or something.
- Maybe with each year of unfulfilled dreams the idea of Jesus became a little harder to believe.
- Maybe it seems too hard. That God would send His Son, His only Son for you, for me.
- Maybe you wonder why that God who could do all that would allow such grief, such pain, so many hard things in our world.
Luke 24: 33-34 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.”
We’ve been talking about resurrection all weekend with Isaac (4) and it’s truly a hard concept. Sometimes life gets in the way and our adult minds are jaded by life but Jesus is urging us to come to Him. To see Him today and to feel his love.
Luke 24: 37-40 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
If you feel like Peter, like life has happened and you’ve lost your courage.
Like hope is gone and you’re not sure what to believe anymore then I want to encourage you.
- It’s simply about Jesus!
He came that you might have life. That you might have joy and that you would know Him and His resurrection. My prayer today is that you’d know today that HE IS ENOUGH. He’s enough for your pain, your problems, and your dreams. He’s all we’ll ever need.