Crispy Thin Crust Pizza
Makes 2 x 12″ pizzas
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 package dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
2 tbs water
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Heat water and oil to 120* – 130*. Add to flour mixture.
- Blend to moisten, then blend on low for 10 mins.
- By hand gradually stir enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 5 kins)
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top of dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 mins.
- Punch down dough and divide ito two parts.
- Form each part into ball and palce on greased pan. Use palms of hands and press dough into pans.
- Pre-bake crust at 425* for 8-10 mins, not lettting the crust get brown.
- Top with pizza ingredients and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Sure, it takes a little bit to buy these ingredients upfront but once you’ve done that, you could make a lot of pizzas for really cheap and could even freeze them! BTW – according to Mama B the cheapest place to buy yeast is Sam’s Club.