Well this week is not actually from Mama B’s Kitchen as she’s helping my sis-in-law out with my new niece. Hope you’re well, Aimee! We can’t wait to meet Kate!
So this recipe is from my fellow frugalite, Lori, who sent us her great egg recipe. The great thing about this recipe? The ingredients can all be bought from ALDI. Thanks, Lori!
One pound pack ground turkey (or use ground beef)
One pack of taco seasoning mix
One pack of brown gravy mix (2 if you want them really wet)
One can refried beans
One pack shredded cheddar cheese (or sliced pepper jack if you like zip)
One pack (12) flour tortillas
Lettuce, tomato,Hot sauce to taste
- Brown ground turkey and add taco seasoning mix according to directions.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans over each tortilla (it helps to heat the beans in the micro to make them more spreadable) then layer the meat, and cheese.
- Add hot sauce if you prefer.
- Fold the ends in and roll up tortillas.
- Arrange in a greased 9X13 pan.
- Make brown gravy mix and pour over burritos.
- Add additional cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce and cheese, if desired. Makes a whole pan (dinner + leftovers for my family – 5 people)
You can also make the burritos ahead and freeze them in a freezer bag for a quick dinner. I try to make 2-3 recipes at once. Just thaw, pour gravy over and bake or microwave.