Who doesn’t love a pair of fuzzy socks? Instead of just giving a regular pair, make them into these Cupcake Socks. These are awesome teacher gifts or as a hostess gift as they’re not expensive and you could make a bunch to have on hand.
Not only are they practical but they’re cheap and you can snag a pair for less than $2. I got these for $.99 but even now Target has cute regular socks for $1 that would go great.
How to Make Cupcake Socks
- Simply wrap these around to make a cupcake shape.
- Grab a piece of scrapbook paper and use about a quarter of it to make a strip. Cut with scissors that make a nice edge if you have them.
- Wrap around the socks and tape.
- Place a marble on the top for the cherry or ball of some kind.
- Add tulle and a ribbon. We used ribbon tulle that I got for $2.99/roll at Michael’s.
This is a great gift for family too as you could add a bottle of nail polish in the center.
Scrapbook paper 1/4 piece $.15
Nail polish $.27
Final Cost: $1.67
This tutorial on how to make cupcake socks is part of a series: 12 Teacher Gifts Under $2 Each.