This homemade recipe is a great soap for washing hands and little faces as it’s a natural liquid soap that’s easy to make and cheap. Watch the video on how to make it. It’s under The Natural Home playlist.
First though, an answer to a frequent question about glycerin.
What Is Glycerin?
Glycerin is an odorless, colorless, and sweet liquid usually added in toiletry and medical preparations. Glycerin is most commonly used when making soap and can be found at health food stores. It is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your skin and it is used in foods, again, to preserve them.
It can be purchased from health food stores but is tricky to find and easier to purchase on Amazon.
How to Make Liquid Soap.
Here is a cost breakdown and ingredients needed to make your homemade liquid hand soap. As you can tell making liquid soap is way cheaper than buying it PLUS you can see what goes in there.
- Bar of soap $.59
- 1 TBSP honey $.25
- 1 tsp glycerin (available from health food stores) $1
- Final cost: $1.84 for 6 cups or 48oz
- If you’re not already subscribed to my feed or email you can do that for RSS feed here or a daily email.
- If you have a moment please vote for my videos over on YouTube so that they gets maximum exposure.
- Friend me on Facebook Facebook and join in the chatter with other savvy savers like you.
- Follow me on Twitter for more money saving tips.