How to make a lego table is an answer to a question we had before Christmas when all the legos were everywhere. Our Lego Table plans are simple and are about repurposing and reusing what we had!
So if there’s one thing that two little boys want to play with it’s Legos. Isaac is 4.5 and usually super active and busy until he sees a pile of Legos but right now they’re in a tub. Carried from one room to another and….dropped….dumped…and stood on. OUCH! If you’ve ever stood on one you know what I mean which is why Hubs and I decided that they needed a Lego table but man are those things expensive and bulky. We looked around and realized we had a great coffee table in our living room that was going pretty much unused. Thank goodness for Hubs being soooooo good with a hammer and nails because here’s what we did to make a Lego Table as part of our effort this year to have a homemade Christmas.
Homemade Lego Table Materials Needed.
- Old coffee table.
- Two pieces of wood or dowel cut as long as the table.
- 2 pieces of scrapbook paper. Isaac is big into Star Wars so we did that.
- Mod Podge.
- Wood glue.
- Lego board. I found the cheapest deal at Amazon here. We used 3 x 10″x10″ board but it depends on the size of your table.
Lego Table Plans.
- Determine the center of the coffee table and use wood glue to glue on the lego board.
- Use an exacto knife to cut the paper and glue it down. Don’t worry too much about the edges as the wood strips will cover any “mistakes”!
- Glue down the pieces of wood on either side to act as a boundary and place they can put unused legos.
- Let it dry for a few hours or overnight and then use mod podge to coat the paper and gloss it over so that it doesn’t come up.
- Voila, a repurposed coffee table turns into a Homemade Lego Table. Use our lego table plans to create your own!
Where to Buy Lego?
I buy mine off Amazon or locally at Target.