I originally made Melted Crayons for Operation Christmas Child boxes and then my friend Meghan showed me her Homemade Valentine’s Day Crayons and I was sold! This is an easy but effective favorite for my Valentine Day Craft Ideas. Simply find old junkie crayons, melt down and repurpose. Attach a label that says Happy Valentine’s Day and you’re set.
Use these FREE Valentine’s Day printables I made ya to make your life even easier and there you go!
1) Get all unused, broken crayons.
2) Use utility knife, razor blade or box cutter to make a slice down the crayon wrapper. The paper will come off a lot easier that way. Or….use your favorite little helper like I did!
3) Once all crayons are paper-free, break them up into small pieces. We then divided them into colors which is good practice for Chase, 3.
4) Use a heart shaped silicone pan. Fill about 1/2 to 3/4 full of crayon pieces.
5) Put in an oven heated at 250 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes. Watch to see when fully melted.
6) Let them completely cool and then pop out.
There you have it, new life for old crayons and perfect for small hands!
Homemade Valentine’s Day Crayons Cost: Free.
Note: You can divide the colors or not depending on preference!