Snowman Footprint Doormat with Child’s Footprints
Ok so I saw a similar idea somewhere else and wanted to try the snowman footprint doormat made of footprints for my Father in Law for Christmas. I didn’t get to blog it before then because well…..I wasn’t happy with it but then I just finished off the one we made for us and I’m really happy with it! My Father in Law’s came together fine too but felt a little “busy” to me. Just know although this shouldn’t be difficult, it did take us a while to get the kids to cooperate. You’ve been warned!
Snowman Doormat Materials Needed
- Doormat. The ones without lots of stuff coming up (no shag carpet) works best. I found mine at the Dollar Tree for $1 or a local grocery store for $2.
- Fabric paint. I just grabbed white and black but orange would look cute too!
- Foam brushes to help the paint go on feet!
- Paint the bottom of kids feet and then place on mat. We found that sitting them down then painting it on and working as a tag team (eg Tim lifted them up and I placed their feet on!!) worked best.
- Once you’ve got as many sets of footprints as kids let the white dry.
- Add black spots for buttons and eyes and an orange nose if you have it.
- To my Father in law’s I added the kids names and ages but I like the simpler version.
- Voila a sentimental doormat of your children’s footprints!