So you love Shamrock Shakes huh and can’t believe they’re not a year-round item at McDonald’s? Well if that’s you I tried out a new recipe recently for a Homemade Shamrock Shake and I’m here to share it. McDonald’s brings these out around St. Patrick’s Day but now you can enjoy them all year.
Welcome Facebook Readers! This recipe has circulated widely on Facebook and guess what? I’m on there too! Please find Mummy Deals on Facebook where you’ll find tons more fun recipes, ideas, tips and tricks for frugal living! Thanks 🙂
It was super simple but my Taste Tester (aka Hubs) insisted we grabbed a McDonald’s Shamrock Shake to test them side by side and guess what? Yup, I blew him away!
Their medium will run you around $2.79 while this one costs way less and you can control what goes in there. *wink* I love how fast the Hamilton Beach Smoothie Blender can whip up this Homemade Shamrock Shake with no ice junks or fancy safety gimmicks.
Ingredients for Homemade Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups soy ice cream
- 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk or 1 1/4 cups soymilk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (be careful with this and add a bit at a time)
- 4 drops of green good coloring
- Whipped cream
- Cherries, optional
- Blend the ice cream and milk together with the green food coloring.
- Add a little extract and blend.
- Taste test. We added a little too much in Hubs’ opinion although I thought it was yum!
- Pour and serve with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
Have you checked the latest printable coupons yet to see if you can save on some of the ingredients?
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you love copycat recipes check out this FREE ebook full of copycat recipes you can try!
This was modified from the food.com recipe.
More St Patrick’s Day ideas:
Looking for St. Patrick’s day events in your area? Goldstar offers huge entertainment discounts!