Wondering how do you make bath salt? Bath Salts are a great homemade Christmas gift and this article will show you how to make bath salt. Thanks Colleen!
Homemade Bath Salts.
Cream Soda Bath fizz
- 1 1/4 cup of Espom salts
- 1 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered dried milk
- 10 drops of vanilla fragrance oil or more (desire) MUST use fragrance OIL, extract will start the fizzing to soon! You can find the oil at a craft store. (Usually in the soap making dept.)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) of citric acid powder (health food stores)
- 20 oz plastic soda bottle (label removed, washed and dried.)
- Labels: decorate as you wish!
1. In a large bowl, stir together the Espom salt and baking soda.
2. Sift in the powder milk, you may need to use the back of a spoon to push the milk through the sieve.
3. stir in the fragrance oil. The mixture may become clumpy at first, until the oil disperses.
4. stir in citric acid powder.
5. use a funnel or rolled waxed paper to pour the bath salts into the bottle.
6. decorate your label.
Cherry Vanilla Bath Fizz
Follow the above directions. When adding the citric acid powder you will also add 2 .13 oz cherry kool-aid packets. This will turn your powder a pretty pale pink.
If you’re thinking about Homemade Christmas Gifts I blogged 5 Homemade Gifts.