When I searched for a homemade chicken bouillon recipe I came up empty handed. I usually use the chicken bouillon cubes from the store but even the ones without MSG are really high in sodium and I knew creating my own was cheaper. Plus we’re eating unprocessed food and all you need for this homemade chicken soup bouillon is spices. The yeast flakes were the most expensive ingredient but after that it’s all cheap to make this recipe for homemade chicken stock.
This homemade chicken bouillon recipe is gluten-free and vegan but don’t worry carnivores: it tastes just like homemade chicken stock.
Homemade Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup of nutritional yeast flakes. (You can find a big tub of these at the health food store. They can also be used to sprinkle on popcorn or in other gluten free recipes.)
- 1.5 TBS sea salt
- 1 TBS minced dried onion
- 1 TBS parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
Homemade Chicken Bouillon Recipe Instructions
- Simply grind all the above ingredients in a mini chopper or food processor and store it in an airtight container.
- Your homemade chicken stock can now be used in many foods like soups, stews, and even rice.
- I add one teaspoon of the mix to one cup of boiling water.
- Although I’ve made homemade chicken stock in the past from boiling a bone, I like this homemade bouillon better as the powder is what I’m used to.
What is Chicken Bouillon?
According to ehow: Chicken bouillon is a clear liquid made from chicken, vegetables, spices and water. Bouillon can also refer to a dehydrated product that comes in cube form or granules that when added to boiling water, produces a ready-made stock