While in the dollar store recently a lady came up to me and told me that as I looked crafty she wanted to tell me about a handprint snowman ornament craft she’d done one year with her kids and how cute it was. I cracked up laughing and told her that that was the reason we were in the dollar store to buy the supplies! We had a lovely conversation about how easy the craft was and what a great gift it had made!
In the past my Christmas tree was blue, silver and white and I lvoed to spend time making all the ornaments symmetricla and match and then……kids happened and we decorate together. This year I let the kids do the whole thing except the glass ronaments that Tim put up high. Chase added 5 silver pinecones to one branch and Tim told me that night he was wondering how long it would tkae me to move them. Guess what? I’ve been really good and they’re still there clumped together. Every time I look at that tree now I smile about my kids, especially when I see the homemade ornaments we’ve started to make together like these that we had fun doing.
This Handprint Snowman Ornament Craft is an easy craft for kids to make and gift and is super inexpensive. We made the handprint snowman ornament craft and gave one to my inlaws and kept a set for ourselves. Here’s how:
- Colored ornaments.
- White acrylic paint
- Small foam paintrbush
- Black and orange permanent markers
- Add the paint to a plastic plate.
- Dip your child’s hand in the paint and then evenly brush it on there with the paint brush to ensure no clumps and it covers evenly.
- Have the child hold their hand flat and then place the ornament in their hand.
- Ask them to grab the ornament and you hold it there for a little bit.
- Let them release and then place the ornament somewhere to dry.
- Once dried mark on the eyes, nose, hat and buttons of your snowman.
- Mark the child’s name and year on the back.
- Ta-da! Handprint Snowman Ornament Craft
- Note: This works way better with an older kiddo who can spread their fingers a little! Chase is nearly 3 and his is cute but Isaac’s was easier!
You may also like: