Tips for Dining Out with Children:
1. Choose a restaurant that is hosting a Kid’s Night which can be found by entering your zipcode on www.KidsMealDeals.com. You will save money and be able to relax because you will be dining with other families.
2. Go out to eat early! This will help you avoid the dinner rush and prevent any child meltdowns that come close to bedtime.
3. Set behavior rules in the car on the way to the restaurant. Let your children know that dining out is a special privilege that will only happen if they behave and use proper manners.
4. If you have to wait for a table, review the menu while you wait. You can then place your order immediately after you are seated to speed up the delivery of your meals.
5. Bring along a highchair cover or disinfectant wipes to clean off highchairs and booster seats.
6. Ask your server initially for extra napkins so you are prepared in case of a spill or for messy diners.
7. Allow kids to order a special drink they don’t often have at home such as chocolate milk or lemonade for an extra treat when dining out.
8. Have a backpack in the car filled with crayons, coloring books, or magnadoodles (any quiet toys) in case the restaurant does not provide any entertainment.