If Green River is delicious then why not Green River Cupcakes? If you live outside the Midwest you may never have taste this yummy lemon and lime caffeine free pop but around St. Patrick’s Day my Mother in law loves to serve it as our “Irish” drink and so I made Green River Cupcakes in her honor!
Like my other Soda Pop Cupcakes including Mountain Dew and Cherry Coke ones, this is just a cake mix and pop. Buy a decent cake mix and this can be gluten free too!
Green River Cupcakes ingredients
- White cake box mix
- 12oz Green River soda
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 3 TBS oil
Green River Frosting
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar (measure in 3 cups and add gently after that)
- 3 TBS milk
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 2 drops of green food coloring
- Make the cupcakes with just the mix and soda, lime juice and oil. Skip the other ingredients.
- Once cooked allow to cool. They will feel softer than normal cupcakes.
- Make up the frosting and apply to the cupcakes.
- I used orange and blue Chicago Bears straws in honor of the Chicago-based Green River Soda company!
Enjoy those Green River Cupcakes and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bears!
More Soda Pop Cupcakes
Here is the whole series for you. Click on the links to go to the Soda Pop Cupcake recipes.
Please feel free to share on Pinterest, Stumble it and Share on Facebook.
- Orange Dreamsicle Soda Cupcakes.
- Coca Cola Cupcakes
- Dr Pepper Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Cherry Coke Cupcakes
- Mountain Dew Cupcakes
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- Green River Soda Cupcakes