I LOVE potatoes and during grilling season I love to try new ways to cook them which is why when I saw a picture of them cut like this on a friend’s Facebook wall, I wanted to make some of my own. Hers were just regular potatoes but around here we’re crazy about garlic and as company was coming I decided to get a little adventurous and that’s how I came up with these Garlic Parmesan Baked Potatoes.
- Baked potatoes
- Chopped garlic
- Garlic seasoning (yes both!)
- Parmesan cheese (dried)
1) Turn your oven on to 350 degrees and then wash and scrub your potatoes.
2) Start to cut incisions into the potato slicing about every 1/4 inch but not going right through the potato.
3) Once you’ve cut all of them the same get out your chopped garlic.
5) Sprinkle the potatoes with the rest of the chopped garlic, garlic salt, and parmesan.
6) Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet for about an hour until soft.
Note: Sometimes if we have company coming or I want to speed the process up I’ll put these in the microwave first to get them cooking. Make your incisions and cook on high for 7 minutes in a paper towel and then repeat steps 3-6. Your cooking time should be about 35 minutes. Microwaving the potatoes like this does take out some nutrients though.
Proudly linked at 52 Mantels.