I’ve been hankering after my frugal friend, Lori, to share some of her recipes with us and this week she’s sharing a real crowd pleaser. All the ingredients are available at Aldi, making it really cheap!
Lori’s Egg Dish
One package crescent rolls
One package Brown & Serve Sausage (aldi brand)
3/4 c. milk
About 1 cup of shredded cheddar (+ or -)
Oregano (1/2 to 1 tsp)
Salt and pepper
This is a Pampered Chef recipe, so I always make it in the round deep dish baker (which I got at a garage sale for 50 cents!) but you could probably do it in a 9 X 9 or 9 X 13, though I’ve never tried it.
- Line the bottom of a lightly greased pan with crescent rolls, unfolded and arranged.
- Microwave the frozen sausage for about a minute to make it easier to cut.
- Chop up the uncooked sausage links and layer them over the crescents, then put a layer of cheddar cheese, as much or little as you like.
- Mix the milk with the eggs (five eggs for the Pampered Chef pan, probably six for a 9 X 13) and pour over cheese, sausage and crescents.
- Sprinkle with Salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Bake at 400 for 35 minutes or until well set. Yummy! And great for a quick meal in a pinch.