Northwest Indiana Volunteer Lawyers and more than 60 attorneys from local bar associations will honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by providing brief consultations on legal matters at no cost to the general public at 11 locations in Northwest Indiana on January 17. Individuals will have 10 to 15 minutes to ask questions and obtain legal information from a volunteer attorney, no appointment needed.
Sites and times:
- City of Hammond Legal Aid Clinic, 5261 Hohman Ave., 9-3;
- West Side High School, Gary 11 – 2;
- Lake Station Public Library 12:30-6:30;
- Lowell Public Library 9-5.
- Portage Township Trustee’s Office, 3484 Airport Road, and at VU Law School, from 9 to 5;
- From 9-5 at the public libraries in Michigan City and LaPorte.
- Other sites: 9-5 at the Rensselaer Public Library and Starke County Public Library in Knox; 1-7 at the Rensselaer Public Library in Morocco.
For more information call Judith Stanton at (219) 945-3404 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org