APPLE SOUFFLE OMELETTE Serves 2
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 tblspoon light cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powdered sugar for dredging on top
- 1 eating apple
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon light cream
- Peel, core and slice apple. Saute in butter and sugar until just tender
- Stir in cream and keep warm while making omelette
- Place egg yolks in bowl with cream and sugar and beat well.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff then fold into yolk mixture
- Melt butter in large frying pan pour in souffle mixture and spread evenly
- Cook for 1 minute until golden underneath then place under hot grill to brown the top.
- Slide omelette onto plate add the apple mixture then fold over
- Sift the icing sugar over thickly then mark with pattern on top with a hot metal skewer .
- Serve immediately