With gunpowder, treason, and a plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
8 oz SR flour
4 oz sugar
4 oz margarine
1 level teaspoon (tsp) ground ginger
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 tablespoons (tbsp) milk
1 tsp golden syrup/molasses
A few currants
Cutters for gingerbread man and parkin pig.
- Rub marg, flour and sugar together.
- Mix bicarb in a little milk and warm the treacle/molasses.
- Add ginger
- Mix all to a fairly stuff paste just pliable enough to roll out
- Roll thinly and cut into shapes, place currants onto shapes for eyes
- Bake approx 15 mins (180 degC)