I am not exaggerating when I say this is probably my favorite crock pot meal e-ver and of course it comes from my amazingly talented friend Trish. She brought leftovers over for lunch a couple of weeks ago and then I was craving it and had to make more! If you’re looking for a new chicken recipe, this is a good stew one and even though it’s the middle of summer I still think it’s fine to serve because it’s not a “heavy stew”. So without further ado (because I’m super excited to share with you!) here comes my version of it:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms/ 8oz container
- 1 small bottle of white wine, I used zinfandel. (I mean the teeny tiny bottles that are 6.3oz)
- Corn starch for thickening
- Add the bacon to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the mushrooms on top and add the chicken breasts on the top.
- Pour the wine over and then fill the bottle with cold water and pour that over the whole thing.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3.
- Open the slow cooker and sprinkle in some corn starch to thicken. Stir fast to thicken the sauce.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
What’s in your pot this week? Add your link and explore all many other great recipes from the Slow Cooker Monday collection.