How to Make Crock Pot Potato Soup.
This yummy slow cooker potato soup is a perfect budget weeknight meal and is also gluten free as well as being inexpensive. Serve with a salad or just as is and feel comforted!
- 6 cups of potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 4 cups of water + 1 cup of broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 cups of milk or half and half
- 4oz cream cheese
- Optional: Shredded cheese, bacon bits or sour cream
- Place the vegetables, water, butter and seasonings in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are soft.
- Pour into a blender and liquify or use an immersion blender.
- Add the milk or cream and the cream cheese and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, bacon bits or sour cream.
For another great slow cooker idea see: Slow Cooker Chicken Stew.
Every Monday I come up with a Crock Pot recipe. If you have one, link up with us or check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!