** You may also like 8 Crock Pot Soup Recipes.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw, the crock pot is back in style and I LOVE it! Every Monday around here has been Crock Pot Monday for around 6 months when my friend Nicole and I decided life was too busy on a Monday to cook. What better way than starting out your morning by adding ingredients to a pot, putting on the lid and at the end of the day you look like you slaved over a hot stove! Here’s some reasons I love the crock pot:
1) I teach this all the time at classes: Cheap meat tastes great in the crock pot! As I always buy meat at $2# or less I need some help and when I add it to the pot and add a little water or soup somehow it just tastes better. lots more moist.
2) It’s super easy. Dump ingredients, add lid, simmer.
3) It’s virtually impossible to burn things in the crock pot. I met a girl in one of my seminars who’d managed it but I think you’d have to try really hard. Which leads me to my next point.
4) Even bad cooks look great with a crock pot.
5) You can cook everything from appetizers to desserts in a crock pot and even a cake!
At the end of August 2011, 3 friends got together on Facebook to share recipes with friends. I guess people were excited because within 10 days the Crock Pot Girls had over 1/2 a million likes! Yeah that’s called EX-PLOSION and made me realize how others love their pots too so i thought I’d share some of my fave recipes.
Speaking of sharing,every Monday I host a Slow Cooker Mondays segment where I feature a new recipe for you to try out. If you’d like yours featured, let me know!
Here are some of my Frugal and Easy Crock Pot Recipes